Where is Jim now?

06 August 2008

Wildlife as Dots

I didn't want to deal with the bulk or fragility of a big camera on this trip, so I've brought only a small waterproof camera that can survive in the pocket of my life vest. Unfortunately its zoom lens isn't all that powerful and most of the animals in my photos end up very small. Nonetheless, I try to get a few critter photos.

I shot this video on the evening of 10 Jul. A humpback was thrashing about just offshore for at least half an hour. I filmed until the mosquitos drove me away.

I would have posted this sooner, but Prince Rupert is the first place I've found an Internet connection able to handle the video.

2 comments:

MrTwistoff said...

Not Bad man. Even though it's small it is very clear. Love the spouting too! Thanks for sharing the adventure, been great to read everything.

Unknown said...

Awesome! I can't tell you how jealous I am! It sounds like the trip is going really well - I'm bummed that I won't be able to join you. I just can't seem to make the timing work out with the job and all :( Sorry I missed your call the other day - keep trying. It'll be on my new iPhone :)