Where is Jim now?

20 October 2008

Home

I guess this is the end of the journey. I'm at home now, sifting through a mountain of gear and making plans for the future. It'll take a while to get back into this other mode of existence. At the grocery today, I had to resist the urge to stock up on potato flakes and peanut butter candy, two of my favorites during the trip. I'm trying to break the habit of having ice cream twice a day whenever it's available. Soon I'll study for and take the first of many medical licensing exams, and then I imagine I'll get caught back up in the crazy marathon of clinical training. Nonetheless, I can't imagine a better way to have spent this summer than kayaking home from Glacier Bay.

1 comment:

Magic Moment - Liz said...

Congratulations on your accomplishment!

It's been fun following your blog.

We can hardly wait to get together and hear all details of your adventure.

There is snow in the hills, so it's time to start changing gear from water to frozen water.

Liz and Glen Dodge
M/V Magic Moment
and Central Ski Patrol