Where is Jim now?

20 July 2008

Murkwood

A storm blew in a couple days ago and I set up camp and prepared to wait. I couldn't find a good beach above the tide line and was a bit worried about the winds, so I camped in the woods. I didn't notice the obvious signs of recent brown bear activity until after the camp was set up and the sun was setting....

Hoping to alert visiting bears to my presence, I set up my EverNew titanium wind chime and hoped for the best. The storm seemed to blow past, but the weather forecast was still worrisome so I stayed another day. After a couple days in the murky woods, I was sleeping most of the day and didn't want to leave my sleeping bag. It was a struggle, but today I got up the energy to pack up and leave, and as soon as I got out of the forest and back on the water my energy returned.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, im reading U blog. Where are U now? Still traveling? :) Im waiting for next story.